Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day!!



This is what six inches of snow looks like. (check out the table on the right)

We've only had about two inches this year - thought we weren't going to have any more than that. But I've been wearing my snowflake earrings (thanx, Kathy!) and hoping for one "REAL good snow" before spring arrived ... this'll do. Very cool-looking this morning - as a transplanted Yankee, there's a special place in my heart for the white fluffy stuff. And right now it looks especially nice because the snow has stopped and the sun is peeking in and out of the clouds.

What was NOT cool was the power outage earlier this morning - woke up 'bout 1 am and noticed that it was extremely quiet - and dark - and cold...it took PEPCO about three hours to restore power to the neighborhood. Inside the house - quite chilly...outside - awfully pretty, even without moonlight.

Got a two-hour delay to report to work today - but since I know how Washingtonians behave on the highways in the snow - I think I'll just be safe, take a day of annual leave, stay right here and play with some clay for awhile.

Or mebbe I'll do something else - like laundry, some dusting, my reading assignment, shovel some snow...

(oh,who am I kidding?)

2 comments:

c. alicia said...

The house/street looks so pretty! It brings back memories of having actual snow days in school. Ugh, responsibility...

Maher's Mom said...

I sure wish I was there to enjoy the snow; it was around 75 degrees today in San Diego. I really do miss and appreciate the change of seasons, especially since living in a place with about 1 1/2 seasons.