Monday, June 8, 2009

My First Rant...

If you consider yourself anti-religious, then don't read this post. If you consider youself a very very religious person, mebbe you don't want to read this post either.

I'm feeling just a teeny bit raw about matters and issues of faith recently...

how folks sometimes use their faith to beat up on others that don't believe or behave EXACTLY as they do....or how others think that those of us who do have a belief system are stupid with mush for brains...or a coupla other things that I don't have time nor the emotional energy to get into in this posting.

I believe that God gave us such a thing as free will. We are free to make decisions about all kinds of things - including how we interpret His word and how we live according to it... or even if we believe in Him or not. Our choice. Our decisions. And our consequences to deal with when it all comes out in the wash. I'm not gonna damn anyone for what they do or don't believe. But please...don't damn me about what I believe to be true, and what helps me get thru this thing called life.

I was watching TV a few days ago and came across this popular news/entertainment program...the host is a very funny guy, but SO dismissive of believers. So...click... on to another channel. I've got family members who sometimes seem to go thru crisis after crisis, but try to mention how faith might help...well, then risk being ignored or getting your head bitten off because you're trying to force religion down someone's throat.

Sorry.

God sustains me.

Lately, that's how I roll.

I got this vid thru an e-mail this morning. It kinda captures what I've been thinking about this thing. Thougt I'd share it with you.

Ciao for now...



No comments: